Catherine has more than a decade of experience in the college admissions field. She has an in-depth understanding of both how applications are evaluated and of the personal and intellectual qualities admissions officers are seeking in successful applicants.
- Masters Degree in School Counseling from the University of San Diego (2010)
- External "holistic review" reader for University of California at San Diego (2012-2015)
- San Diego County Chair for the Duke University Alumni Admissions Advisory Committee (2000-2011)
As a parent, with twin daughters who are sophomores in college and a son who graduated from college in May 2013, she brings a wealth of personal experience and compassion to her work with students and their families.
Catherine is actively involved in the community and volunteers her time and expertise to a number of local charities, including:
- Duke Club of San Diego, Board Member
- Meals on Wheels, Coastal North County
- National Charity League, Surf Cities Chapter
Additionally, Catherine has made small group presentations on high school four-year planning, résumés, admissions interview skills, and the college search process. She happily presents information sessions on “Selective College Admissions” at Admissions Case Studies, College Information Nights, and College Fairs. I am an active member of a number of professional associations and participate in regular meetings with my colleagues to ensure that I am up to date on all of the developments in the college application process.
Don’t forget to check out the campuses I have toured in the past few months.